Monday, November 14, 2011

God is bigger than cancer

So I know that I haven't written in a while... Needless to say it has been a rough month so far. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and that hit me like a ton of bricks. I am not gonna lie, I cried like a baby. But you have to admit, cancer is a terrifying word.  My mom is my best friend, the thought of her and cancer is absolutely unequivocally scary.

BUT... let me tell you how awesome God is. :)

1. Mom was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer, which is apparently the best kind to have.
2. After I found out and had a freak out moment, God completely brought a peace to me. He reminded me that He is in control and has a meaning  for everything. I literally felt revived after he calmed me down.
3. One of my best friends, Alex, was actually in town for the weekend and had arrived that morning, before I found out. Talk about a God thing. I dont know how I would have reacted if he hadn't been there. He comforted me and he also wouldn't let me focus all of my energy on that. He helped me not wade in my tears. Praise God! It was so great to have a friend there.
4. My good friend Brittany has been looking for a job and she really wanted this job at the Sarah cannon cancer center in Nashville. She had been praying to find a job and I had been praying for her too. She got the job!!!! Also, those in her position are given a certain type of cancer that they have to research and basically learn everything about. Guess what kind of cancer she was given to research? Breast cancer. Talk about the Lord! Brittany told me that if we ever have any questions about anything (procedures, terms, the next steps) she would be able to explain it to us and if she didn't know she would find someone who did know. I'm telling ya, my God is great!

Through all of this, I have been able to see my mom go from discouraged to encouraged because of letters, notes, flowers, and Facebook posts from dear friends and family. It is amazing what tho things can do. :)

I am so incredibly grateful that I have a God that comforts, teaches, and loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment