Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hurricane weekend!

Ok folks... so this is the run-down of my epic, yet uneventful weekend...

Friday: Went out with some great gals from work and went to a comedy show... Good stuff! It was great to get to hang out with some friends.





Saturday: Up early.... Eastern Market... DUH! I was insistant on trying the fantastic, and highly-acclaimed blueberry pancakes at Market Lunch... they were... AMAZING! I will definitely be bringing guests who come to visit to eat the fantastic flapjacks... Just see for yourself:




Then, my mom called and gave me the "411" on the hurricane situation: as in, I needed some food, candles and fun activities to wait out the storm. I went to CVS first... that was definitely ransacked like an After-Thanksgiving sale. Then for some reason, I decided that Target would be a better option.... Boy was I wrong! First of all, Target is always a mad-house, because... just because. It is always packed. Well, Saturday morning just before a hurricane.... = PANIC and widespread HYSTERIA (by others). I basically was just going about my business, trying to find some candles and such... There were people who were dying to get generators, batteries, non-perishable food, and such. There were also back-to-school shoppers, who frankly were just in everyone's way as they scurried about.

I innocently wanted A candle... because forget about flashlights (gone in 60secs literally). All the candles, except the overly-smelly ones were gone, of course. I then felt like it was necessary to have some sort of food, so I went over to the grocery aisles... this is what i found...

Bread
Peanut Butter

As one can see... slim pickin's.... I ended up with bread-thins ? and to-go Peanut butters... I also grabbed random things for entertainment purposes... couple magazines, cards, markers, pencils, scissors, etc. I thought i could make it a Crafternoon. I also got some rando stuff like some kick-butt socks and a lovely pillowcase.  (Below is my plethora of goodies)

My Bounty








Nothing says I Love You better than EZ cheese on some crackers.  







In my boredness.... I painted my nails, with this awesome crackle finish and watched 100 movies (basically). It was a nice little lazy afternoon. At night it got a little bit creepy with the howli-ness of the wind and all. Also... It was RAINING SIDEWAYS all day.. hah










Sunday: woke up late and went out to Brunch at a place by the market... it wasn't too swell but it was alright. I then wandered throughout the Capital Hill neighborhood, basically prayer-walkin and saw a little bit of damage. I then went to Union Station and then went looking at H&M for a bit.

Late afternoon, I went to an evening service at DC Metro Church out in Alexandria. I went with Kristen. It was great to get to worship corporately and be around other Christians. It was so nice to hear the speaker as well.  :)

I need to be and want to be bold for God in this city. I want to be radical for Him. I need to pray that my heart and mind are in the right place. I am not sure if i am ready yet, but I want to grow. I really want to read the book Radical. I know i am behind the times and need to catch up. lol I am really want to dig deeper in discovering Christ and discovering His plan for me. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment