Thursday, August 25, 2011

Long time no blog

Hey my followers and friends! I know it has been quite a while since my last post.... Let me just say that the last bit of the summer in DC was SUPER hectic and jam-packed with events and such... 

Well, if you didn't know.. I got a full-time job (a big girl job) in Washington DC!!!!!!! yyeeeeaaaa! I am so blessed. I am the Special Programs assistant at the Fund for American Studies (TFAS), a non-profit here in DC. I am working on a mentor program, curriculum review, a journalism fellowship program and more. I absolutely love TFAS! The office is filled ith absolutely amazing people and friends.!

My first day was yesterday. I flew up on Tuesday and moved into temporary housing on Capital Hill, literally a block from Eastern Market!!! :) 

I'm in a HUGE apartment all by myself... :) and :( ....I'll take some pics and put them up tomorrow. 

It's quite lovely, but also lonely. 

I am excited about what God has in store for me here. I am not quite accustomed to it yet. I have felt super awkward for the passed couple days. I don't know what that is about. :/ I haven't acted like myself and I dont know why or anything. I have been really quiet (which isnt like me, as you all know ). I know it will get better, but right now I feel like i am on the outside. I know good things are just around the corner.

After work, One of my coworkers invited me over to have vino and dinner. It was a great way to celebrate my job and such. Also, It was nice to visit and have some company. :) 

After that I came back to my apt, and relaxed:)

No comments:

Post a Comment