Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Jolly Ole Time

Today was a swell one! Went to my 2nd day with a joyful attitude, a cute dress on, and a smile on my face... ready to conquer some work! Upon arrival... I tricked out my desk with a UT pennant, pic of the band in the power T (:D) and some more random UT stuff. I also put up one of my favorite Bible verses.... Psalm 143:8. Also a majority of my friends are up in the cubicle as well.... I am so happy I get to still be surrounded by all of you everyday. 

Today I worked on and got a lot accomplished. Yay! I really love my office! The folks who work there are soooo friendly and funny! We are constantly joking and making the day anything but dull. 

A very nice surprise arrived at my office today! My mom sent me flowers. She asked for my address at work yesterday, but i didn't think anything of it... but she sent me a lovely arrangement of Yellow flowers... She is so wonderful! She added the extra pep in my step for the day. 



They even let us off of work an hour and a half early today. SaaaWEEET! My roommates and I commuted home, via Metro, then decided to go eat. We went to Good Stuff Eatery and had some epic burgers, fries, and a shake... Then we decided to take a little stroll and we ended up right by the washington monument, making for a swell little saunter. We took some photos and then just sat on a bench and people-watched... Let me tell you there are many-a-kind of people in these parts. haha We saw a lot of runners and even saw some people on SEGWAYS!


While sitting there, this guy randomly asked us to play frisbee with him and another guy. So.. we did! We were all in dresses or a skirt so it was interesting to say the least... but needless to say i PLAYED FOR KEEPS!
onomatopoeia
All in all, today was a jolly one!

No comments:

Post a Comment