Thursday, May 26, 2011

"You just gotta be you"

Today, my day began with an apple on the way to the Metro, a bear hug from the sun, and Toms on my feet (they are my shoe of choice for my commuting shoes). I finished "cold calling" in the morning and was anxiously anticipated 11:30, because our office was going out toMexican for lunch to celebrate Dana, a coworker. We went to Loreal Plaza... twas delish! Came back, got back to work then had to get ready for going to a cocktail hour with the LSI program... To be honest, I was nervy about it both because I didn't know what to wear (don't hate fellas) and because I didn't really know anybody other than my supervisor... So... I went because my supervisor specifically invited me to go. We went to this place called 18th Amendment... semi-sketch. We were going to the cocktail hour for the Legal Studies Institute, so basically a bunch of law students. So I chatted it up with them but it was pretty awkward. I got a drink, but didn't drink it both because it was bad and I am just not really a huge fan. I went ahead and got one because the head guy of the program was like... "I got the tab, go ahead" But all in all, the cocktail hour was ok. However, I left early because I felt so self conscious and out of place. I left feeling pretty down and doubtful about some things, but I went on a run to get my mind off of it.
Praise the Lord for letting me stop thinking and overanalyzing things. He used my run and talking to my mom to calm me down and chill out. I went from our apartment to the Wash. Monument and back, running and walking. Again, I took a whole bunch of photos. So below is the gallery....




Lovely isn't it?




Some sort of statue....



No comments:

Post a Comment