Wednesday, June 15, 2011

In the quiet, in the stillness I know you are my God.

ok folks... today was no bueno, however God showed me so much through it

Today was super stressful, because we got a huge project we had to handle, last minute... So we had to step up our game... pronto.... which caused for extreme stress and frustration in the office. This led me to semi-freak-out and stress too, which is never a great combo. However, I worked hard and got a lot done.  We still have lots to do, however, i think i am going to go in tomorrow super early to get it all done.

I was super worried and frustrated that I couldn't even go running. :/ Sarah and I, instead, went and got dinner, Italian ( Delish ) then sweetgreen yogurt. :) we were just walking around chatting and we found the chapel on campus and went in... we were kinda followed by the priest, which made for super awkward silence, but he soon left.

both sarah and I sat in silence in this beautiful chapel. All i wanted to do was burst into praise to Him... I however, just sat in the silence and just chatted with God and thought about my attitude about things and my reasons for being here. God definitely posed a reality check.

Sarah and I prayed together... talk about AWESOME!!!!! God totally used her tonight to speak to me and keep me in check. She prayed for me and i prayed for her. I confessed my selfishness to God, in regards to my work and trying to handle my life and new decisions purely based on what I want. He is so much bigger than that. I am so grateful for God's grace that has taught me how to live and how to love.

2 comments:

  1. You are continually in my thoughts and prayers, sweet girl. I'm sorry you had a tough day. But it's amazing how God can reveal His ultimate peace and strength in our times of ultimate frustration. You are so loved by Him!!! And my me!!!!!! Mrs. McDonald. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so!!!!!!!! I need to chat with you and talk about your new life as a wife and my life up here. Imiss you dearly!!!!

    ReplyDelete